Friday, August 5, 2011

My Arthritic Dog 8-5-11

The vet poked and prodded my dog. She felt her spine. She stretched out my Samoyeds front legs and then bent them one way and another. I could tell my dog was getting a little anxious. When the vet picked up the dogs tail and stuck a thermometer in, my pet puckered her lips and her eyes bugged out. My old dog looked up at me with that "I AM READY TO GO NOW" look that she gets sometimes. Then she broke for the door. Arthritic or not, she can still pull very hard. I can move faster than her, so I slammed the door shut the remainder of the way long before she got her nose through. We declined all further testing, and waited for the Laser Therapy Tech to get set up in the next room. By the time we got started on her left front elbow, my dog had absolutely had enough! After exactly one minute of a six minute session, my dog started twisting, yowling, and scrambling for the door. As overweight as she was, however, I still weighed a heckuva lot more, and pinned her to the floor. She continued twisting and panting as the Tech tried to resume again, but finally the Tech suggested I let the dog up while she tried to soothe her and treat the elbow by herself. I complied. My 91 pound dog threw the 110 pound Laser Tech across the room with ease and squeezed herself behind a supply cabinet. The session was over. Back out in the lobby, I paid for the vet's exam and they comped me on the Laser Therapy attempt. My dog and I limped (actually, I felt fine) out to the car. To be cont..

No comments:

Post a Comment