Sunday, February 17, 2013

Don't be Koi with me  2-17-13

A medical professional entrusted my laser and I with his sore foot last week. He has been training for a tri-athlon and the wear and tear on the joint at the ball of his foot was causing enough pain to become a distraction. We chatted several times during the course of three 15 minute treatments, and I even ordered the addictive series Downton Abbey based on the man's recommendation. By the last treatment, the pain in his foot had subsided enough for him to resume training. On his way out, he gazed briefly into the large fish tank that graces the rear of the studio. He seemed especially interested in a large "pot-bellied" goldfish. He explained his interest by telling me that he used to have a Koi pond in his back yard. He said he found Koi fascinating. I would have taken him at his word, but then he proved it. He lifted up his shirt sleeve....

I was not the only one staring. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that he had gotten the attention of every resident of my 125 gallon tank. Their staring was obvious, and not just because they lacked eyelids. Did they think that one of their own had escaped, only to land on this man's arm? Were they preparing to welcome a new addition to the tank, albeit a very large one? I had some questions myself. For instance, was this tattoo drawn to "scale?" I shall find out more should my clients other foot ever need laser therapy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment