Thursday, April 4, 2013

Okay...we admit it!  4-4-13

I admit it. We are not ashamed of it. Let me explain why. We had nothing to do with the long spiral toward the bottom. You see, both of us moved out of the city itself at a relatively young age. Call it what you will. Self preservation, white flight...but that term no longer applies because anybody of any race that can get out of Detroit right now is doing so. That's right. Both Sue and I are originally from Detroit. My family moved out when I was seven---to a suburb 5 miles to the north called Birmingham. Sue's family moved out of the city when she was 12. Naturally, we each had reasons to go back into the city for many years. Some of our family members continued to live in the city throughout my childhood and I remember visiting them often. We have been in Sarasota for nearly 4 years now, but part-time gigs as a private investigator and bodyguard led me to work in the city itself as recently as 2009. I had NOTHING to do with former mayor Kwame Kilpatrick and his cronies stealing that 58 million. He deserves every year of his 20 year sentence in the Federal Pen. Okay, the murder rate is a little high...I think it was around 500 last year----but hey, as the populace continues to flee, there are less and less people to kill every year! At the risk of getting overly nostalgic, here is a little video that shows some areas of my home town in need of a little sprucing up.  Click here       

No comments:

Post a Comment