Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mark and two friends 12-6-11

Went to Anna Marie Oyster Bar weekend before last. It is off 41 just north of the airport. I make no secret of the fact that I eat twice as much as the average person. Thus it was with some trepidation that I passed up the combo platters on the menu because of the allure of the Lobster Specials displayed everywhere and touted by the waitress. A steamed lobster with two sides was only $14.99, and the stuffed lobster was only $17.99. I ordered the stuffed lobster, calculating that I could eat a second dinner later that evening at home. As I began to work on my Caesar salad, a lobster appeared on my table. The busy waitress darted off. It looked like a steamed lobster. As I flipped it over to check for stuffing, I flipped the melted butter over as well. There was no stuffing. It took a few minutes to flag down the waitress. I was very polite as I explained the dilemma, an she was very apologetic as she whisked the wrong lobster away. Two minutes later, the manager appeared at my table--with the steamed lobster and a new tub of melted butter. He re-apologized, explained that a stuffed lobster would take 15 minutes to prepare, and suggested that I enjoy the steamed fella on the house while I waited for the one I ordered. I thought it over for a nanosecond and agreed. This kind of stuff NEVER happens to me! I usually have to waylay a buffet to even approach a full stomach. The stuffed lobster was as good as the steamed, and I tipped the wonderful waitress lavishly.

 I decided to be a good sport
for the picture and wear the
stupid bib.


No comments:

Post a Comment