Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Missing Detroit 11-30-11

Woke up this morning and checked the weather in good old Detroit, from whence we originally came. It was 30 degrees and snowing. The temp is expected to SOAR to 38 degrees, however. As I walked to work in my cutoff jeans and flip flops, I mulled over some of the reasons I miss Detroit. I only live 5 houses from the studio, so I did not have much time to mull. This was fortunate, because I could not think of anything I missed. Upon firing up the computer, I pulled up the latest online edition of the Detroit Free Press. It seems as though I have missed yet another grand-reopening of a Detroit landmark called the Sky Bar. I have never been there, of course, and I do not remember it closing (bars and restaurants open and close in Michigan faster than heart valves) but the pics made the re-opening look like fun...sort of. The management must have paid for some hot model-types to circulate among the crowd. I'm sorry I missed this event. Perhaps I shall catch the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment