Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thunder and Lightning 4-5-12

No, the title of this one is not what I call my left and right fists. It refers to the natural events.
I did not think I was scared of thunderstorms, but apparently I am. I used to find the blowing winds and lightning and havoc outside rather soothing actually, until I was informed about five years ago that I do not. For the past five years, Sasha the sled dog has insisted on seeking me out during these storms. If I am sleeping, she finds the part of me nearest to the edge of the bed and pokes at it with her nose until I wake up. Then she points out the bright flashes and the loud noises that would have awakened me at any moment. After this she searches for my hand and soothes me by insisting that I pat her head and play with her ears until I begin to find some comfort in doing so. You must understand that she has no fear of these events herself. She has told me this many times. Sasha has become so adept at consoling me soon after these events begin that I no longer "dread" them. Last night just such an event occured. It would have been very scary except for my brave companion. I hope I can get over this fear before my furry aged guardian finally goes to that big storm in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment