Sunday, October 28, 2012

Getting cold up north 10-28-12

We have been down here for over three years now and still enjoy watching the temperatures plunge at this time of year back in Michigan. Every week the highs are a little lower and the lows are lower still. My parents live 25 miles north of Detroit and I have noticed a clear discrepancy between what the Weather Channel reports and what my mom reports. I choose to believe my mom of course...and I don't care what that little scamp Stephanie Abrams tells me on her morning report...no matter how cute her little dimples are, or how coyly she tosses her hair and smiles at me. Back to the subject. The "high" temp that you see on the Weather Channel means that the temperature, after a great deal of struggle throughout the afternoon, managed to reach the posted figure for about seven seconds before falling back down again. Please keep in mind that the trees are mostly just very tall sticks by now, the grass is dead, and the sky is filled with huge gray clouds that constantly threaten rain. For some unknown reason, the lows are much lower than what the Weather Channel would have one believe. My mom reports a variance of as much as eight degrees. My personal theory for this is that Michigan retailers pay off the Weather Channel to lie! If everyone knew the actual temperature at night and realized that they were just a malfunctioning furnace away from being found frozen in their beds the next morning...they would head down here to Florida well before Christmas...and probably even before Black Friday.

































No comments:

Post a Comment