Saturday, June 11, 2011

Another restaurant bites the dust 6-11-11

Here in Sarasota, the competition is fierce. There's a restaurant on every block, and sometimes ten on a block! Everybody knows how to cook, right? Well, no, not everybody. My ex mother-in-law was a terrible cook. You would think that a woman who could pass for an National Football League tackle would know something about whipping up a meal. She did not. But I thought the fine folks at The Serving Spoon knew what they were doing. I ate at the one at Clark and Beneva a couple of times. I will not eat a pancake unless it is multigrain, and the ones I ordered there were heavy and grainy. I thought business was booming for them. Apparently I was wrong, one of my people just reported to me that the one on Clark has closed down. Have the other two as well?  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment