Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Comcast Scam 6-28-11

Apparently, it's becoming epedemic. Not only are newspapers charging much more for much less, but so is my soon-to-be-former cable company. Scamcast...I mean Comcast, shut off most of my channels. They claimed that they were going to improve my service, and I needed a new box. I had basic cable, don't watch much besides CNN and Cool TV (the video channel) during the summer, but let's face it, football season is coming up and I need to get this all squared away by then. When I called for the box, a rep from Scamcast declared that I would need to pay more per month for basic cable...a LOT more. They figured they deserved a $49 a month raise! No need to do the math, I shall do it for you. They wanted another $600 a year to give me the same thing I already had! My next call will be to Verizon to do something I should have done last year...get a quote on Fios.   

No comments:

Post a Comment