Sunday, January 1, 2012

Computer fixed after a messy affair 1-1-12

Happy New Year from the staff at Classic. That last year went by fast, didn't it? I have not posted for some time for a very good reason. Eight days ago ( on Christmas Eve) I walked into the gym to find the last four gallons of the large (72 gallon) fish tank leaking onto the floor. The albino Oscars, Lazerus and Eminem, were flopping around on the bottom. Panga, the large catfish, was doing likewise. They were pretty mad and VERY concerned. I rushed to a clean bucket and began drawing conditioned water out of the front tank. I scooped the Oscars into the bucket and wrestled Panga into the back ten gallon fish tank that is normally reserved for goldfish.
The top brace on the tank had split! As a result the sides bowed out, and the flat glass at the back of the tank split vertically! My best guess is that the leaking began not more than five minutes before I walked in. Five more minutes, and the fish would have been goners. Nevertheless, neither Oscar showed any appreciation whatsoever. Both moped on their sides at the bottom of their bucket, looking up at me with a forlorn eye. Lazerus kept moving his lips, and I was able to tell what he was saying. "This is the worst Christmas ever," he claimed. It was not until later that I noticed the screen on my computer was dimmer...as though the deluge from the fish tank had soaked the power supply on the floor, which is exactly what happened. I knew it would only be a matter of time before I would have to switch to my backup computer. We had to act fast. There are several large tanks for sale at any one time on Craigslist, but the holiday might present a problem when it came to contacting the sellers.  To be cont...

No comments:

Post a Comment