Thursday, January 19, 2012

Going on Vacation 1-19-12

Full time employment, for a personal trainer, is 30 hours per week. Susan and I work about 30 hours a week from January to July, and a little less otherwise.  Our original business plan called for us to work 20 to 25 hours a week after we moved down. We intended to use our spare time for boating and to write and edit my third novel. Our Sarasota clientele, however, is even more health and fitness oriented than we anticipated and we found ourselves eager to get to work every morning. We seldom leave the area because Sarasota has all of the restaurants, beaches and shopping that one could desire. But that does not satisfy everyone...no it does not.
Jim and Sue D. work out here on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Sue's main line of business was nursing. As to Jim's main business, I would rather not elaborate beyond the word "trusses." They have been wintering on Siesta Key for many years. I can't blame them. Michigan is harsh or depressing for 7 months of the year. They have become experts on where to dine and what to do in and around Sarasota. Jim and Sue fully realize they selected the ideal getaway area years ago. Both of their Chihuahua's agree. So what does one do when they live in the perfect vacation spot? Well, they go ON VACATION, of course. Neither Jim nor Sue will be working out at their usual times next week? How come? Well, they are going on a CRUISE! St. Martin and several other miniscule islands are on the agenda for the 150 passenger sailing ship they will board. St. Martin....I seem to recall a client telling me about her experience on Orient Beach on St. Martin. I remember her mentioning it is a nude beach. Oh gosh. I am sure that neither Jim nor Sue have any idea about the existence of this hedonistic piece of sand. I should probably warn them...or make sure they pack a good camera so that I can verify my other clients story.

No comments:

Post a Comment