Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Can't Win 'Em All 3-6-12

Even a regular reader with the shortest of memorys will recall that we arranged a meeting with Sue's Michigan friend  L and a tall, single client. We met at Casey Key Fish House at 4:30 on Saturday. It is with some sadness that I must report the encounter went quasi-smoothly, and certainly without the initial fireworks that I observed when they first met at the gym. The waiter was shy and hard to find. He also had amnesia and forgot one item after another. L had a great deal of trouble getting a second cup of wine, and for a minute it looked as though I would be eating my seafood pasta with my fingers. In addition, I can now officially report that the portions and quality during season are considerably smaller and poorer than during...oh...say...July. The dinner ended when L took her last swallow of wine and we tipped Molasses, our waiter, a hefty, well deserved 12 per cent. Sasha stayed home, chilling on one of her favorite sofas.
If we can't get Sasha to
settle down soon, we are
going to ask the Vet for a
prescription for Xanax.

No comments:

Post a Comment