Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Poor Wet Thing 3-14-12

This time of year, Siesta Key Beach can be very busy. Unless one arrives before 10 am, it can be difficult to find a parking spot. On a cautionary note, just because the Parking Lot Full sign is out does not mean that a spot cannot be found. One has to be patient, hang back a little, and try to determine which beachgoers heading out to the lot are actually leaving for the day. During season, however, Susan and I avoid the area entirely between peak hours. Instead, we frequent Turtle Beach at least once a week. Admittedly the sand is hotter, but the trek from the parking lot is less arduous. If we take my little car instead of one of the Corvettes, we can jump the curb near the boat ramp and park in the tiniest of spots on the grass. Not too long ago, I was lying on Turtle Beach, minding my own business, with my camera and telephoto lens nearby. A young lady was taking pictures of some dolphins while standing in the water, and a rogue wave managed to soak her white suit bottom! Needless to say, I felt just terrible for her. The bottom became very clingy, and I thought it best to photograph the situation so that Susan would know what materials to avoid next time she purchased a new suit for herself. I did not want to be obvious or cause the young lady embarassment when I took the photo, so I did the right thing. I asked Susan to pose behind the young lady, and then I took the photo over Susan's shoulder. See below.
.
I felt a great deal of compassion
for this young lady after she got
soaked. She was at great risk for
getting too chilly and I was on the
verge of offering to dry her off with my
towel, but Sue said something about pigs
flying and I thought better of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment