Sunday, November 27, 2011

How sick was Laura, anyway? 11-27-11

Our trainer, Laura, was not feeling too well last Tuesday. This is the first time I have known her to be sick. Was she at death's door? No, not even close. But she did not hop on a treadmill the way she usually does upon her arrival. And she put her warm-up jacket on about 30 times as each chill racked her body...and took it off 30 times as hot flashes overwhelmed her. I suggested early menopause as being the cause of these hot flashes, but she assured me that if anyone was going through menopause it was me. Laura accepted 2 Advils the second time I offered, and soldiered on, changing settings on the machines and barking out orders to clients. I would have banned her from the studio had we judged her to be contagious, and I observed her carefully for signs of Ebola virus or Plague. She left an hour early, and was back to her normal self when we worked together Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment